Pages

Monday, February 22, 2021

Slave trade triangle - Social studies

Here is my blog post about the slave trade triangle and my research I will be showing my work through a song that they used and my, my maps. 

I chose the song - Wade in the water, Written by Harriet Tubman. 

Meaning - Harriet Tubman wrote this song wade in the water to tell a story of how she helped the slaves escape from the southern states to the northern states. The lyric wade in the water is like the Africans/slaves when they went to the water to wash off the scent on themselves so the dogs couldn't smell them.  

Who is Harriet Tubman - Harriet Tubman is the lady that helped at least 12 thousand Africans escape from the Southern slave states to the Northern free states. She used hidden underground rail roads to help them escape from the white men. Harriet Tubman was determined to do this after she found her way to escape and leave the slavery life she was living so she was determined to help others so she set herself a task and completed this task.

This is my  my maps with all my mapping and working I have done on this topic - 

1 comment:

Please structure your comments as follows:
Positive - Something done well
Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what they had to say
Helpful - Give some ideas for next time or Ask a question you want to know more about